The Jaʿfariyya, whose mosque and centre are in al-Dirāsa, was established as a separate ṭarīqa within the Idrīsī tradition by Ṣāliḥ b. Muḥammad al-Jaʿfarī. He was succeeded by his son, ʿAbd al-Ghanī.
The Jaʿfariyya(52 words)
Cite this page“The Jaʿfariyya”, in: Arabic Literature of Africa Online, General Editor John O. Hunwick, R.S. O’Fahey. Consulted online on 22 July 2019 <http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/2405-4453_alao_COM_ALA_10006_7>
First published online: 2016
▲ Back to top ▲